As we come unto Christ and help others do the same, we participate in God’s work of salvation and exaltation. This work is guided by the two great commandments to love God and to love our neighbors (Matthew 22:37–39).
We show our love for God as we keep His commandments and serve His children (John 14:15).
FOCUS AND GOALS
Living the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Members partaking of the Sacrament
- Ordain to the Aaronic Priesthood: New convert males aged 12 and older, and the young men at the appropriate age and ordain prospective elders to the Melchizedek Priesthood
- Come Follow Me for Children, Youth and Adults
Caring for Those in Need
- Tithes and Offerings
- Financial Management
- Temporal Preparedness, including Family Storage
Inviting All to Receive the Gospel
- Increase Convert Baptisms by Love, Share and Invite
- Relief Society and Elders Quorum presidencies coordinate Member Missionary Work
- Increase the number of Full-Time Missionaries serving from the Area
Uniting Families for Eternity
- Youth and Endowed members holding a current Temple Recommend
- Young Men and Women, Relief Society and Elders Quorum presidencies coordinate Temple and Family History Work
- Youth and Adults submitting Ancestor Names for Temple Ordinances
INDICATORS OF PROGRESS
- Converts Baptized Confirmed
- Sacrament Meeting Attendance
- Youth and Adults holding a current Temple recommend
- Priesthood Ordinations
- Full Time Missionaries serving from the Area
- Full Tithe payers
Principles to Teach
Priesthood Leadership Conferences, Leadership Conferences, and Stake Conferences in 2020
Basic gospel principles and duties are always applicable to members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These include, but are not limited to:
- Loving God with all our heart and our neighbor as ourselves.
- Having faith in Jesus Christ and embracing the gift of His infinite Atonement.
- Repenting daily and partaking of the sacrament regularly in order to have the Holy Ghost with us.
- Strengthening home-centered and Church-supported gospel learning.
To further the work of salvation and exaltation, please implement the following priorities through stake and ward councils:
- Help members embrace the new Children and Youth program, and help bishops understand their first and foremost responsibility is to care for the young men and young women of their wards.
- Teach that the gathering of Israel on both sides of the veil is the greatest work on the earth today. Invite members to share the gospel with others, do family history work, and make and keep regular appointments to worship in the temple.
- Encourage stake presidencies and bishops to delegate appropriate responsibility to elders quorums and Relief Societies and help their presidencies conduct effective ministering interviews.
- Emphasize the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ and the opportunity to rejoice in the 200th anniversary of the commencement of the Restoration. Continue to encourage members to use the revealed name of the Church.